When traveling for spring break, the last thing most of us think about is any mishaps or problems we might have. However, when it comes to vacation, it’s always best to expect the unexpected! Be sure to consider these travel tips before you head off to spring break this year:
- Research before you go: This is always a good idea. Getting lost in the wrong area of an unfamiliar place can be extremely dangerous. Not to mention, getting lost simply is frustrating and costs you precious vacation time! Be sure to use GPS on your trip!
- Don’t forget the meds: Ibuprofen, Pepto-Bismol, and other medications can be a life safer to someone on a flight or at any other time on a vacation. Packing these in your purse or carry-on is always a good idea!
- If you are staying in a hotel: Always lock up your personal belongings in a safe and keep them hidden. If possible, grab a room on the second floor as thieves are not as likely to access those rooms. Always keep all doors and windows locked when you leave.
- Save some cash: Take advantage of all of the free entertainment on your trip. Vacations are expensive enough! If you are staying at a resort, there is almost always free activities and entertainment going on!
- Pack travel insurance: It’s always important to expect the unexpected when going on a trip. Lost luggage, flight delays, and medical emergencies can happen wherever you travel. Enjoy your vacation even more knowing that you are covered in case the unexpected happens!
For a free insurance quote, call Knapp Tedesco Insurance today at 515-232-7060, or visit us online at www.knapptedesco.com.