Cinco de Mayo is known as a day to indulge in margaritas, Mexican food, and attend late-night events. The history of the holiday goes back to 1862, where the Mexican army defeated a French invading force. However, it’s actually a much larger celebration in the United States than it is in Mexico!
Although Cinco de Mayo is a fun celebration, it’s important to stay safe during this holiday where alcohol use is at large. Check out these tips for a happy, fun, and safe Cinco de Mayo celebration:
1. Always designate a driver or take a taxi to and from your event.
2. Don’t leave any valuables in parked cars.
3. Be aware of emergency exits in the event of an emergency.
4. Be aware of what’s in your drink.
5. Take your time returning home. Even though you may have partied smart, that doesn’t mean everyone else has.
It’s important to also be cautious is you are hosting the party. Hosts and homeowners can often be liable for any harm that comes to guests on their property, even at parties.
For more safety tips, and to check out some of our other helpful blogs, visit us online at http://www.knapptedesco.com/blog. To receive a free insurance quote, visit us online at www.knapptedesco.com or call us today at 515-232-7060. Have a fun and safe Cinco de Mayo!