Fall is football season and of course, tailgating! Let’s be honest, the food is the best part about the whole football season! However, it’s important to always be cautious when participating in the pre-football game festivities. Check out these safety tips before your go to your next tailgate:
- Monitor Food Temperatures. Nothing will ruin a tailgate more than food poisoning! Keep cold things stored in a cooler with plenty of ice. If you are worried that potato salad may be getting a little warm, pitch it.
- Use Grill Safety. Make sure you are familiar with the grill you are using. Check for loose gas hoses, and grill with an expert!
- Bring a Fire Extinguisher and a First Aid Kit. You never think you’ll need it, until you actually do.
- Check for Cool Coals. Don’t leave your coals to cool while you're away. Before you enter the stadium, be sure the coals are cool enough to touch. Leaving hot coals is a disaster waiting to happen.
- Use Sun Safety. Tailgating and watching the big game can easily turn into an all-day event. Be sure to dress appropriately, use plenty of sunscreen, and stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- Watch Out for Others. People tend to be a little reckless at tailgates. Be sure you are driving extra cautiously in parking lots, and to always have a designated driver.
Football season is a season that many people look forward to all year long. Whether you are a fan of the game, or just the food, be sure to follow these safety tips at your next tailgate. If you are in need of insurance, contact Knapp Tedesco Insurance today at 515-232-7060, or visit us online at www.knapptedesco.com. Go Cyclones!