Halloween is a fun time of year for all. However, it’s important to make your child’s safety your number one priority this Halloween. Here are a few tips and tricks for a fun, spooky, and safe trick-or-treating:
- Obtain flashlights for all the trick-or-treaters and escorts in a group.
- If your child is trick-or-treating in a group without an adult this year, plan a route, and set a curfew for them to be home.
- Never go to homes without a porch light on.
- Use reflective tape on costumes and bags.
- Always walk on the sidewalk, and cross as a group. Don’t cross unless you are sure the vehicles see you!
Halloween has the highest rate of pedestrian fatalities. Be sure your children are extra cautious this year by teaching them these tips.
If you are in need of insurance, call us today at 515-232-7060 or visit us online at www.knapptedesco.com for a free insurance quote.