Motorcycles are fun but let's face it, they can be expensive. When it comes to insuring your two wheel dream machine you want the best protection at the best possible price.
Here are 7 ways to save on your motorcycle insurance.
- Financial Stability - By keeping your credit history looking good, individuals with a favorable history will receive a discount. This is true for other types of insurance also such as auto and homeowners.
- Supporting Auto or Home Policy - May times if you write your motorcycle with the same carrier you insure your auto and/or home with, you will receive a discount.
- Multi-Vehicle - Insuring more than one motorcycle on your policy will save you money. Believe it or not, some people insure one of their motorcycles with one company and their second cycle with yet another carrier. Bundle and save!
- Continuous Motorcycle Coverage - If you have maintained continuous motorcycle insurance for at least one year, many insurance companies will offer you a discount. Many people have a tendency to insure their motorcycle only during the riding season and they go bare when it's in storage.
- Motorcycle Electronic Disabling Device - Motorcycles with an approved disabling device many times will receive a discount on their insurance rates.
- Motorcycle Club or Motorcycle Association Membership -Members of the American Motorcycle Association, Christian Motorcyclists Association, Harley Owners Group and Honda Riders Club of America typically qualify for a discount on their motorcycle insurance.
- Motorcycle Training Course Completion - Someone who has completed or instructs a Motorcycle Safety Foundation Course typically will qualify for an additional credit on their motorcycle insurance. Be sure to ask your insurance agent if other state approved courses are eligible as well.
Talk to your insurance agent.
The most important thing to do when it comes to insuring your motorcycle is to talk to your agent. Be sure to advise of any changes that occur and always schedule an annual review of your insurance. There are many risks when it comes to motorcycles and your agent can help identify your needs and find the best solutions for your protection!