Summer is the time to kick back, relax, and enjoy all of the great things that summer has to offer! For our kids, this often means attending a summer camp for a week or so. Sending our kids to summer camp can be quite emotional. After all, you are the only one who knows to cut the crust off their sandwiches!
However, summer camp can be a fantastic learning opportunity and allows kids to strengthen their social skills. But, before you send your child off to camp, it’s important to go over these safety tips:
Safety You Should Discuss With Your Child
- Fire safety
- Interactions with wildlife
- Tick checks and safety
- Water safety
- First aid
- Plant safety
- Safety in numbers
Familiarize Yourself with the Camp’s Resources and Policies
- Are camp counselors trained in CPR and first aid?
- What is the camp’s accident policy for both minor and major accidents?
- Is there a nurse on the premises?
- How is medication handled at camp?
- How far away is the nearest hospital?
- What is the camp’s accident insurance policy and liability for injuries suffered on its property?
We hope that you find these safety tips helpful as your prepare your child for summer camp this year. For more summer safety tips, visit our website at www.knapptedesco.com to read more blogs about summer safety. For a free insurance quote, visit us at our website or call us today at 515-232-7060.